WSET LEVEL 1 AWARD IN WINES - ONLINE
WSET Level 1 Award in Wines Online is a four week online class, with fixed beginning and ending dates. After the course has ended, students will take a proctored, in-person exam in Las Vegas. Exams are held after the class has ended. Advanced registration required.
For individuals new to wine study, this qualification provides a hands-on introduction to the world of wine. Students will explore the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell, and taste, while also gaining the basic skills to describe wines accurately, and make food and wine pairings. Tasting is an important part of this course. A list of recommended tasting samples can be found inside your course. Cost of tasting samples is not included in the course fee.
Online Modules include:
- Module 1: What is Wine & How is it Made?
- Module 2: Types & Styles of Wine
- Module 3: Introduction to Tasting
- Module 4: Grape Varieties & Wines
- Module 5: Storage & Service of Wines
- Module 6: Pairing Food & Wines
- Module 7: Revision
- All examination fees and study materials are included
- Successful candidates will receive a WSET certificate of completion and lapel pin
- Access to an online student forum and educator is included
- January 6 - February 2 - Please register by December 27th to allow for processing through the New Years holiday
- Exam: February 14 at 11am
- February 24 - March 22 - Please register by February 17
- Exam: March 27 at 11am
- May 4 - May 31 - Please register by April 27
- Exam: June 2020, TBD
- June 29 - July 26 - Please register by June 22
- Exam: August 2020, Time TBD