WSET LEVEL 3 AWARD IN WINES
About Level 3 In Wines
The WSET Level 3 course is an advanced wine course suited for industry professionals working in hospitality, wholesale, and retail, or wine enthusiasts looking to gain an in-depth understanding of wines. Students will gain detailed knowledge regarding factors that influence the quality, style and price of wines around the world. This course provides detailed coverage of grape growing and winemaking. Students will also learn to assess wine accurately, and be able to explain the factors contributing to different wine price points.
The course will conclude with a two part exam: 50 multiple choice questions and short-answer paper, and a blind tasting of two wines.
For more information on the qualification, please see the Level 3 Award in Wines Specification.
Topics covered include:
- Factors influencing style, quality, and price of wines from key wine-producing regions of the world
- Factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation, and bottling
- Production and styles of fortified and sparkling wines
- Wine labeling laws
- Food and wine pairing, storage and service
- How to describe wine style using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting® (SAT), and assess wine quality and readiness to drink
- The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines, or WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits course is strongly recommended prior to completing the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines.
- All students must be 21 years of age or older before the first day of their course.
- Course fee includes all study materials, webinars, tasting samples (online courses excluded), and exam
- This is a three-day, in-person course, the exam will be held at the end of the third day. Prior to attending the course, students will work through the course material, and be able to view specialized webinars covering tasting technique and special topics. These webinars will be emailed to students upon registration, for viewing at convenient times
- Advanced registration is required. Registration closes approximately 3 weeks prior to class dates.
- Advanced preparation with WSET course materials is required prior to attending the course
- This course requires a minimum of 52 hours of study time outside of class, in order to successfully prepare for the exam
- The Level 3 Award in Wines is a pre-requisite course for the WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines
- Upon successful completion of the course students will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and the ability to use the WSET Level 3 Logo on business cards, or other professional material.
To view course dates and register for the Level 3 Award in Wines Course, please click here...