WSET Level 1 Award in Wines Online is a four week online class, with fixed beginning and ending dates. After the course has ended, students will take a proctored exam. Exams can be taken in-person or online. Exam dates will be arranged with you after registration. Online exams can be taken at a day and time that works for your schedule. Set dates available for in-person exams. Advanced registration required.
For individuals new to wine study, this qualification provides a hands-on introduction to the world of wine. Students will explore the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell, and taste, while also gaining the basic skills to describe wines accurately, and make food and wine pairings.
For more information regarding the Level 1 course, please review the Level 1 Specification.
Tasting is an important part of this course. A list of recommended tasting samples can be found inside your course. Cost of tasting samples is not included in the course fee.
Online Modules include:
- Module 1: What is Wine & How is it Made?
- Module 2: Types & Styles of Wine
- Module 3: Introduction to Tasting
- Module 4: Grape Varieties & Wines
- Module 5: Storage & Service of Wines
- Module 6: Pairing Food & Wines
- Module 7: Revision
- Self-paced! Log on anytime during the week to complete the weekly tasks. There are no set times to be online during the week.
- One exam attempt, and access to the Online Classroom are included in course fee
- Successful candidates will receive a WSET certificate of completion and lapel pin
- All course materials are online
List of wines to be tasted will be shared with students during first week of course. All wine styles are able to be ordered online.
- Students can expect login information a few days before the course begins, via email
- Exam must be taken within one year of course start date
- Students Located Outside of United States: A shipping fee will be applied to cover the cost of shipment for your final certificate and pin
Registration Deadlines Remaining 2021:
Exams can be taken in-person or online. Online exam dates are selected by student, and offered every day apart from holidays. Students choosing an in-person exam will be provided a list of upcoming exam dates to select from.
Exam registration information will be provided to students after completed registration, and prior to the course start date. Exams may not be taken prior to the posted end date of the course
- December 13 - January 9, 2022 - Please Register by December 5
- December 27 - January 23, 2022 - Please Register by December 19
Registration Deadlines Beginning 2022:
- January 10 - February 6 - Please Register by December 29
- January 24 - February 20 - Please Register by January 16
- February 7 - March 6 - Please Register by January 30
- February 21 - March 20 - Please Register by February 13
- March 7 - April 3 - Please Register by February 27
- March 21 - April 17 - Please Register by March 13
- April 4 - May 1 - Please Register by March 27
- April 18 - May 15 - Please Register by April 10