WSET LEVEL 2 AWARD IN WINES AND SPIRITS - ONLINE
WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits Online is a five-week class, with fixed beginning and ending dates. After the course has ended, students will take a proctored, in-person exam in Las Vegas. Please see registration information below for specific exam dates. Advanced registration is required.
WSET's Level 2 course is perfect for students looking to establish a core understanding of wines. This intermediate level course is particularly helpful for those students working in the industry or wine and spirits enthusiasts seeking to expand their knowledge.
During this course students will explore the major grape varieties and important wine regions from in which they are grown. Students will learn the styles of wines produced from these grapes, as well as classification and labelling terminology. Students will also gain an overview of the production and key categories of spirits and liqueurs.
Tasting is an important part of this course. A list of recommended tasting samples can be found inside your course. Cost of tasting samples is not included in the course fee.
Online Modules include:
- Week 1: Introduction to Wine Tasting, Pairing, Storage & Service
- Week 2: Factors Influencing Style, Quality & Price
- Week 3: White Grape Varieties
- Week 4: Black Grape Varieties
- Week 5: Sparkling, Sweet, Fortified Wines & Spirits
- All examination fees and study materials are included
- Successful candidates will receive a WSET certificate of completion and lapel pin
- Access to an online student forum and educator is included
- Course materials ship the next business day. We do recommend registering sooner to allow yourself more time to learn the material before the course concludes
- March 23 - April 26 Class - REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Exam Friday - May 10 at 11am
- April 13 - May 17 Class - REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Exam - Friday May 24 at 11am
- June 8 - July 12 Class -REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Exam - Friday July 19 at 11am
- July 6 - August 9 Class - REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Exam - Friday August 16th at 11am
- Last online Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits online course offering, this course will be replaced by the Level 2 Award in Wines beginning August 12, 2019. In-person Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits will run through the end of the year. Please see our blog page for more information!