ITALIAN WINE SCHOLAR - UNIT 1
Embark on the most comprehensive specialization program on Italian wines!
The Italian Wine Scholar™ curriculum is an Italian wine education program designed to provide committed students of wine with the most advanced and comprehensive specialization program on Italy! Created by native Italian, Maurizio Broggi, DipWSET, IWS, FWS with the support of the Italian wine DOC/G consortia, this specialization program is designed for advanced students of wine, whether professionals or serious wine hobbyists.
The Italian Wine Scholar™ program mirrors the unparalleled level of depth, accuracy, detail and academic rigor offered by the acclaimed French Wine Scholar program.
The Italian Wine Scholar program also confers a post-nominal to wine professionals and enthusiasts who successfully pass the certification exams (Ex: John Smith, IWS)
The Italian Wine Scholar program is composed of two separate units:
- Unit 1: Northern Italy
- Unit 2: Central & Southern Italy
Candidates need a composite score of 75% to receive the IWS credential, i.e. the scores from both exams are added together and averaged for final assessment.
Set yourself apart from your peers. Specialize in the wines of Italy!
Study Italian Wines with the Wine Academy of Las Vegas!
Our next Italian Wine Scholar (Unit 1) session is scheduled for February 28 - March 1, 2020
Time: 10am - 6pm
Exam date: April 11, 2020 at 10am
Registration Deadline: February 23, 2020
Instructor: Our IWS courses are taught by native Italian Maurizio Broggi, DipWSET, IWS, FWS, creator of the IWS educational material (in partnership with the Italian DOC/G consortia) and Italian Wine Scholar Education Director for the Wine Scholar Guild. You will be learning from the top of the line in Italian wine education!
Course Materials: Students will receive:
- 260-page full-color Unit 1 study manual
- 1-year access to the Italian Wine Scholar Unit 1 online study program for class preparation and review
- Registration for the Italian Wine Scholar Unit 1 Exam
- Tasting over 50 wines during the course of the Unit 1 program, to bring your studies to life!
- Session 1: Valle d'Aosta, Liguria
- Session 2: Lombardia, Emilia-Romagna
- Session 3: Piemonte
- Session 4: Trentino, Alto Adige
- Session 5: Veneto
- Session 6: Friuli Venezia Giulia
- Session 7: Targeted Review Session and Exam Prep
- Tuition includes tutored weekly classes with an IWS-certified educator, tasting samples, course materials, exam registration, lapel pin, and certificate of completion
- We are the only IWS providers offering a designated review session before the exam!
- Students must be 21+ to participate in tastings, however this is not a barrier to successfully completing the course and exam
- 100 question multiple-choice exam will be held at the end of the course. The exam is closed-book.
- Students must dedicate study time before and outside of class in order to successfully complete the course and exam
- We recommend ordering as early as possible to allow yourself extra time with the material
- Course materials ship within 2 business days, via trackable method
- It is recommended students have a basic understanding of wine prior to completing this course
- IWS is a two-part course, students must complete both Unit 1 and Unit 2, with passing scores to achieve the IWS certificate
- Advanced registration required
- Students who wish to complete the course to enhance their knowledge, but do not wish to complete the examination are welcome to take the course, however they will be unable to use the IWS post-nominal.