FRENCH WINE SCHOLAR
Become a French Wine Scholar!
The French Wine Scholar Study and Certification program provides current, accurate and in-depth information on the wines and wine regions of France.
Developed and administrated by the Wine Scholar Guild with the support of the French Ministry of Agriculture, this specialization program is designed for advanced students of wine, whether professionals or serious wine hobbyists.
Students who follow this in-depth curriculum and pass the exam will earn the French Wine Scholar™ (FWS) post-nominal (e.g. John Smith, FWS).
Set yourself apart from your peers. Specialize in the wines of France!
Study French Wines with the Wine Academy of Las Vegas!
Our next French Wine Scholar session is scheduled for November 13-15, 2020
Exam date: January 2021, Exact Date TBD
Registration Deadline: November 1, 2020
Course Materials: Students will receive:
- 274-page full-color study manual
- 1-year access to the French Wine Scholar online study program for class preparation and review
- Registration for the French Wine Scholar Exam
- Tasting over 50 French wines during the course of the program, to bring your studies to life!
- Session 1: Alsace
- Session 2: Champagne
- Session 3: Burgundy
- Session 4: Beaujolais, Jura, Savoie
- Session 5: Loire
- Session 6: Bordeaux, Southwest
- Session 7: Languedoc-Roussillon, Provence
- Session 8: Rhone, Corsica
- Session 9: Targeted Review Session and Exam Prep
- Tuition includes tutored classes with a FWS-certified educator, tasting samples, course materials, exam registration, lapel pin, and certificate of completion
- Course materials and class time will be supplemented by webinars covering special topics
- We are the only FWS providers offering a designated review session before the exam!
- Students must be 21+ to participate in tastings, however this is not a barrier to successfully completing the course and exam
- 100 question multiple-choice exam will be held at the end of the course, see exam date above
- Students must dedicate study time before and outside of class in order to successfully complete the course and exam
- We recommend ordering as early as possible to allow yourself extra time with the material
- Course materials ship within 2 business days, via trackable method
- It is recommended students have a basic understanding of wine prior to completing this course
- Advanced registration required
- Students who wish to complete the course to enhance their knowledge, but do not wish to complete the examination are welcome to take the course, however they will be unable to use the FWS post-nominal.